Why Your Ego Loves Fear and What You Can Change
Are you aware that your ego loves fear? In fact, it thrives on fear, stress, and anxiety. However, holding on to fear prevents you from growing as a person and finding true happiness.
But it’s not your ego’s fault. It’s just trying to protect you!
So what’s a person to do?
Learn more about this surprising revelation:
1. What is the ego? The ego is part of your being. It reacts to the outside world and shapes how you see it. Your ego controls how you view yourself in relation to others. However, it’s important to note that you control this.
2. Notice the ego self-talk. The self-talk can be both positive and negative.
- You may see the ego come through in statements such as I’m not good enough or smart enough. On the other hand, you may see it in thoughts such as I’m perfect, capable, or beautiful.
- The ego uses “I” and “me” in these self-talk conversations.
3. Pay attention to fear. Since the ego is connected to the outside world and how you view yourself, fear is a prominent part. You may be afraid to look foolish. You may be scared to do something new. You may fear talking to others.
- Your ego is fragile, so it can get hurt easily. For example, someone may say something that hurts your feelings. You immediately shut down and don’t want to talk to this person again. This is your ego in action. You’re hurt and scared of hearing them say something negative again.
- It’s beneficial to recognize the fear, learn to adjust it, and work through it.
4. Understand psychological fear. In some situations, fear is necessary and can preserve you. However, the fear that comes from your ego is psychological and not necessary.
5. Recognize fear and worry. Fear and worry often appear together. Anxiety can lead you to fear and vice versa. The two are linked, so it’s hard to separate them.
- However, if you recognize that worry is the real issue, then fear won’t have a chance to take over. You can control how much you worry, so fear doesn’t have a chance to stop you.
6. Learn to be present. By learning to be present and observing your fear from a distance, you can control it. Awareness is the key to conquering fear created by the ego. Once you’re aware of how your ego is creating fear and anxiety, then you can observe it and learn to shape it.
- You have the power to stop the fear in your mind. It’s important to remember that all the negative scenarios in your head don’t have to happen in real life. They can stay as imaginary issues. They may never materialize or cause you heartache.
Fear doesn’t have to take over your life. You can learn to control it and be happy.
Featured Personal Development Ebook:
Most of us were either taught or came to believe that success is a rare combination of talents that only a few people are lucky enough to be born with. Each of us knows someone successful, but can’t quite put our finger on why they’re so successful. Could it just be the right habits?
It can. But it’s not just having the positive habits. It’s avoiding negative habits, too. Unsuccessful people are just as skilled, only they’re skilled at avoiding success by engaging in poor habits. Over time, it’s your habits that ultimately determine your success.
The good news is that habits are learned behaviors. The bad news is that habits can be tricky to install and maintain. Bad habits are hard to break. However, if you can enhance these two skills, you can live the life you’ve always wanted.
Your habits can lift you to the stars or sabotage your success. The choice is yours.
You will receive the file/s below (in one ZIP file) for your personal use:
- Extraordinary Habits (29-page PDF)
- Extraordinary Habits (6-page PDF)
- 17 Ways to Lose Weight Faster (4-page PDF)
- 17 Ways to Lose Weight Faster (66 Slide Decks)
- Safely Detox Your Body Without Cleanses (3-page PDF)
- Top Signs You Have Relationship Burnout (4-page PDF)
View more gifts at PersonalDevelopment.