Key Parenting Tips to Encourage More Play Time
|Featured 2022 Calendars|
||One With Nature
||Power of Kindness
|More about Latest 2022 Calendars|
It may surprise you to learn that children who don’t play enough are more likely to do worse in school. Focusing too much on homework without adequate rest can actually lead to lower grades.
It’s important to encourage play time and help your kids find a balanced approach to life.
Use these strategies:
1. Build playtime into the day. Today’s children can be overscheduled to the maximum. They have school, ballet, tutoring, sports, and other activities that keep them busy. However, they also need play time and the chance to be kids.
- Instead of scheduling every minute of your child’s day with enriching activities, build time into the day for them to play freely.
- Playtime that isn’t structured or regulated is important for a child’s development.
- Children need the ability to rest and unwind as much as adults. Playtime lets them explore their imaginations and step away from the difficulties of school.
2. Let children play outside. Children who spend more time outdoors are less likely to have allergies and asthma. So outdoor play can help them stay healthy.
- By playing outside, children don’t have to worry about making a mess or ruining the dining room carpet. They have more freedom outdoors and can use their imagination to build new ideas.
- Spending more time outdoors also helps children develop their curiosity.
- Improvisation and spontaneity can develop at higher levels in children who spend more time playing outside.
3. Put away the electronic games. Although your children can play with electronic games once in a while, it’s important that they also play with other toys. They learn to use their skills and abilities in different ways.
4. Supervise without interfering. One of the most difficult things for parents to do is to supervise playtime without interfering, giving suggestions, or making comments.
- You can watch your children, but avoid telling them how to play unless they specifically ask for your help. You don’t need to demonstrate how to play with a doll or how to build a fort. Allow your children to benefit from the process of learning to play.
- If you interfere with their playtime, children may become afraid to play on their own and scared to play differently from the way you show.
5. Allow your child to play alone. Let your children find ways to entertain themselves.
- Children can benefit from a balance of playing with friends and playing alone.
- They can also spend time alone instead of with their brothers and sisters.
- Alone time gives children the chance to think and develop without interruptions.
- It can encourage their imaginations and planning systems. They’ll be forced to figure out ways to entertain themselves without the help of others.
Playtime is a crucial part of a healthy childhood. Your kids can benefit from having playtime included in their daily schedule.
Featured Personal Development Ebook:
Most of us were either taught or came to believe that success is a rare combination of talents that only a few people are lucky enough to be born with. Each of us knows someone successful, but can’t quite put our finger on why they’re so successful. Could it just be the right habits?
It can. But it’s not just having the positive habits. It’s avoiding negative habits, too. Unsuccessful people are just as skilled, only they’re skilled at avoiding success by engaging in poor habits. Over time, it’s your habits that ultimately determine your success.
The good news is that habits are learned behaviors. The bad news is that habits can be tricky to install and maintain. Bad habits are hard to break. However, if you can enhance these two skills, you can live the life you’ve always wanted.
Your habits can lift you to the stars or sabotage your success. The choice is yours.
You will receive the file/s below (in one ZIP file) for your personal use:
- Extraordinary Habits (29-page PDF)
- Extraordinary Habits (6-page PDF)
- 17 Ways to Lose Weight Faster (4-page PDF)
- 17 Ways to Lose Weight Faster (66 Slide Decks)
- Safely Detox Your Body Without Cleanses (3-page PDF)
- Top Signs You Have Relationship Burnout (4-page PDF)
View more gifts at PersonalDevelopment.