9 Activities That Clear Your Mind
|Featured 2022 Calendars|
||One With Nature
||Power of Kindness
|More about Latest 2022 Calendars|
Our bodies get rest every night, but our brains rarely do. We have thoughts bouncing around in our heads all day. At night we dream. Giving your brain a rest can do wonders for your mental and physical health.
Unfortunately, the natural state of your brain is to generate thoughts.
The only way to clear it is to actively do something to make that happen. Your brain will just continue to make noise if you try a passive approach.
Use these tips to clear your mind and give it the rest it deserves:
1. Meditation. One of the reasons for meditating is clearing the mind. The other options on this list accomplish this as a side effect. Meditation is as simple as can be, but deceptively challenging. It challenges your mind and your body.
- It’s not easy to sit still for an extended period of time, but that’s part of the challenge.
2. Exercise. Strenuous exercise is a great way to clear your mind. There’s something about using your body that stops the chatter going on between your ears. Casual exercise won’t work in most cases. You need to really work.
3. Walking. A nice walk, especially after dark or before sunrise can be very calming. The dark helps because you’re less visually stimulated. The repetitive nature of walking can be an effective way to clear out the cobwebs. Your brain is also busy moving your feet and maintaining your balance.
4. Doing something exciting. It’s believed that many people are attracted to extreme sports like BASE jumping because of the clearing effect it has on the brain. If you leap off a skyscraper with a parachute on your back, you’re not worrying about paying the water bill at that moment.
- Doing anything scary or intense can accomplish the same thing. What would you consider to be an intense activity? Try it.
5. Mowing the grass. A monotonous activity can also be helpful. This includes driving in low traffic situations, taking a shower, or washing the dishes. Your mind can partially shut down and relax.
6. Mindfulness. Any activity can help to clear your mind if you focus fully on it.
You can experience a mind clearing effect while changing your oil, reading a book, or doing laundry. Focus is one way to clear and calm your mind.
7. Playing with a pet. Pets are soothing and enjoyable. Sitting on the deck with your dog or curled up on the couch with your cat can be a soothing activity.
- There’s something special about pets. They make few demands and are always happy with you. If only people were so easy!
8. Declutter. Cleaning your home or workspace can do wonders for the thoughts racing around in your head. A clean and tidy space creates calm and serenity. If you declutter mindfully, you’ll be getting twice the benefit.
9. Make lists. When you have a lot to do, your brain is working overtime to keep everything straight. Using a simple list can empty out your brain. You won’t believe how much this can help. Lists can release a lot of resources being used by your brain.
Try to clear your mind at least once each day. You’ll find over time that it will naturally calm down, but it takes time. Our brains are thought-producing machines that can run wild if not managed.
Clearing your mind is an active process. There are many ways to accomplish it. Experiment and discover what works for you.
Featured Personal Development Ebook:
Habits are an important part of this process. Successes and failures are primarily the end result of habits. Your habits will also determine the long-term results you achieve.
The things you do repeatedly matter. The way you handle stress and uncertainty matter. How you plan your day matters. There are many things that matter when you do them day after day over a long period of time.
Learn to master the necessary habits and you’ll master yourself and your life. The world is your oyster if you can use the power of habits to your advantage.
You will receive the file/s below (in one ZIP file) for your personal use:
+ Self Mastery - Master These 10 Habits And Be The Master Of Your World
(Include 60-page Main Ebook in PDF, 5-page Worksheet in PDF, 3-page Checklist in PDF) Bonuses!
+ Top 10 Principles to Follow for Prosperity and Abundance
(Include 4-page Document in PDF, 61-page Slide Deck in PDF)
+ What Are You Really Eating_ How to Read the Nutrition Facts Food Label (3-page PDF)
View more gifts at PersonalDevelopment.