When we decide to make a better life for ourselves, we often tend to focus on huge changes, but this isn’t necessary. Big changes are too intimidating for most of us to even take the first step.
However, small changes are easy to integrate into our regular routines. Luckily, accumulating these small changes over several months can completely transform your life!
The secret is to get started as soon as possible.
Try these small changes that lead to big results:
1. Spend 15 minutes each day decluttering your home or office. Decluttering is a bit like pulling weeds. You can’t just do it once and forget about it. Decluttering works best if done each day. Choose a room and set a timer for 15 minutes. See how much you can get accomplished before the timer runs out.
2. Create a budget and follow it. Everyone knows they should have a budget, yet few actually create one. There are plenty of guides online about how to make a budget. Make a budget that works for you and then stick with it.
3. Eliminate the unhealthiest food you regularly eat from your diet. What do you often eat that you know you shouldn’t? Eliminate the worst offender from your life. Replace it with a healthier food that you would enjoy.
4. Eliminate one expense from your spending. What is one monthly expense that adds little to your life but slowly drains your bank account? It might be the monthly termite service that you’re not sure how you were roped into, or the monthly bill for the alarm system you haven’t turned on in the last six months.
5. Make a daily schedule. Conscientiousness is the trait most associated with high levels of success. Creating a daily schedule or to-do list is a great start. A short list of the 3 most important things to accomplish is sufficient to change your life for the better.
6. Make a list of things you like about your partner. Keep a notebook and write down one thing each day that you like about your partner. You’ll be surprised how much more you appreciate them after a month.
7. Make a list of things you enjoy doing. Do you feel that you spend too much time watching TV? Are you bored on a regular basis? Make a list of things you enjoy doing – from small activities to more elaborate. Do at least one of them each day.
8. Make a list of the things that annoy you regularly and begin fixing them. It’s all the little annoyances in life that can really wear on your nerves. It’s the closet door that won’t shut all the way, the garbage can with a broken wheel, or the screen door with a hole that lets flies in the house. Start fixing those things.
9. Make one goal. Just one little goal is enough to make a difference in your life. Choose something that is challenging but meaningful and work toward it each day for the the next month or two. What do you want to accomplish?
10. Meditate. Many people report that meditation was the most important thing they’ve ever done for themselves. Buy a book or a watch a few videos online. Make a habit of meditating for 10-15 minutes each day. Try it for at least a month.
You can begin enhancing the quality of your life today. You might not notice a change by the end of the day, but you’ll notice significant changes by the end of the month.
Make the most of each day and you’ll quickly find your life moving in a positive direction. Now is the time to start.
Featured Personal Development Ebook:
View more gifts at PersonalDevelopment.