The Surprising Dangers of HEV Light and How You Can Protect Yourself
HEV light is also known as high-energy visible light and is the blue light that electronic screens emit. If you use a phone, computer, tablet, or other device with a modern screen, then it’s probably emitting HEV light.
HEV light can cause serious health challenges, but there are things you can do to
reduce the danger to your health.
Consider these factors:
1. Health and aging concerns. One of the biggest concerns with HEV light is its impact on your skin.
- HEV light is able to penetrate deep into your skin and can cause premature aging. The light is able to go farther than UVB or UVA rays. It can reach the collagen layers under your skin. This makes it dangerous and harmful.
- Research shows that HEV light can cause hyperpigmentation. This results in patches of the skin becoming darker than other areas. They are also called dark spots.
[wpgfxm_contentbox width=”90%” bg_color=”#F1F8FB” b_color=”#C1D2D9″ style=”solid” top=”1px” right=”none” bottom=”1px” left=”none” radius=”0px”]
– by Positive Affirmations –
More about this quote at
2. Sleep concerns. Multiple studies have shown that blue light affects your sleep patterns.
- The blue light that comes from electronic devices can suppress melatonin in your body. However, you need melatonin to sleep properly. This can create a vicious cycle of not being able to fall asleep or to stay asleep.
- Research reveals that people who use electronics before going to bed or while in bed have more issues with their sleep.
Reduce Your Danger From HEV Light
1. Sunblock remedies. Some experts believe that wearing regular sunblock will help block HEV light from reaching the deep layers of your skin. This is still being studied, but sunblock may help you avoid some of the harmful rays.
2. Reduce electronic usage. One of the most effective ways to stop the damage from HEV light is to use fewer electronics throughout the day.
- Turn off your devices more often and enjoy the world around you. If your work requires you to use devices with screens, make a special effort to reduce your usage on the weekends.
- Try to avoid watching screens for 2 hours before bedtime. Put more distance between your face or other body parts and the screens. Avoid holding them too closely for a long period of time.
3. Turn off blue light. Some devices such as tablets let you turn off the blue light.
This feature is often called sleep mode or another similar name. However, many users complain that it creates a new, weird color and makes it harder to read things on the screen.
4. Protect your skin. A healthy diet with antioxidants may offer some protection for your skin. Skin creams or lotions designed to help restore the dermis may also help protect your skin and repair the damage from HEV light and other sources such as UVA or UVB rays.
HEV light can negatively affect your health. Avoid neglecting your well-being just so you can check another email or message! Reduce your usage of modern electronics and take steps to alleviate the damage from your devices.
Featured Personal Development Ebook:
Then, you likely drive 15 to 20 minutes to the closest gym. If you don’t have a gym that is near you, your commute time may be even longer. You may be spending more time getting to the gym and back home than working out.
Once you get there, if someone else is using your favorite equipment, you may waste 10 or more minutes waiting for it to be free.
With all things considered, the gym can be quite time-consuming, costly, and draining.
However, the gym isn’t your only option when it comes to staying in shape. Fitness doesn’t have to be an all-consuming activity that forces you to take time out of your day to rearrange your schedule. This guide will help with other options than the gym.
Incorporating fitness into your daily routines is the key. You get all the health benefits without the exercise feeling like a tedious chore. Making exercise a normal part of your day will change your outlook and allow you to enjoy being fit – maybe for the first time!
You will receive the file/s below (in one ZIP file) for your personal use:
+ MAIN EBOOK:
Beyond the Gym - Fitness Tips to Incorporate into Your Daily Life (59-page PDF)
Beyond the Gym - Fitness Tips to Incorporate into Your Daily Life (5-page PDF)
Beyond the Gym - Fitness Tips to Incorporate into Your Daily Life (2-page PDF)
5 Ninja Skills That Can Help You Meditate (4-page PDF)
The-Annoying-Chipmunk-Fable (4-page PDF)