We’d all like life to be easier. Unfortunately, or fortunately, it’s not. The fact that bigger successes are so challenging limits your competition in life. Most people would rather order a pizza and watch a movie from the couch. There aren’t many people with the willingness to work consistently on a big goal.
There’s a lot less competition than you think!
If you believe you weren’t born with great talent or intelligence, you’re still in good shape. It’s your ability to persist that matters the most.
Consider these ideas:
1. Most of the big things you do are 95% unenjoyable and 5% bliss. Whether you’re training for a marathon, building a business, or writing a book, most of the process is unenjoyable. What drives you is the feeling that you believe you’ll have at the end.
- Whether or not you’re successful is dependent on how well you can get yourself to do that 95% that isn’t fun.
2. Ideas are overrated. Sure, you need a revolutionary idea if you want to create the next Facebook. Most of the super successful people you personally know or read about didn’t have a great idea. They had an acceptable idea that they beat to death each day. Persistence, not brilliance, is their key to great success.
3. A daily emphasis on fun and pleasure leads to long-term failure. The more you enjoy each day, the less likely you are to be successful in the long-term. Fortunately, if you’re willing to delay your fun a bit so you can get some work done, you can potentially have all the fun you want for the rest of your life.
- Think about how you spend your typical day. Now, project yourself 5, 10, 20 years into the future. Where will your life logically end up after years of living your average day over and over?
4. Become a skilled expert. You can become skilled at anything with practice. The key is to do it a lot. Doing the same thing many times, regardless of your failures along the way, is the way to reach expert status.
5. You’ll value your success more. The harder you work, the more meaningful your success will be.
6. Your weaknesses quickly become apparent. You find out where you stand when you’re persistent. The truth comes out! This is a good thing. You have an accurate representation in your mind of the challenge before you and your current level of expertise.
7. Your success is in your hands. Since persistence is the most important component of success, it’s entirely up to you whether or not you’re successful. You don’t need anything else. It also limits your competition. Not many people are willing to do the necessary work.
Think about how many hours NFL quarterbacks prepare all year long for their games. An NFL game might last for three hours on TV, but there’s only a play occurring for 11 minutes each game. When you take into account the defense and special teams, that’s less than 5.5 minutes that the quarterback is doing something.
Those 5.5 minutes X 16 games/year = 88 minutes.
Thousands of hours or preparation each season for less than an hour and a half of time spent actually playing football. Of all the men that believe being an NFL quarterback would be their dream job, 99.99% are dead wrong.
Persistence is the biggest part of achieving any big goal. Learn how to persist and you can live the life of your dreams. It’s up to you.
Featured Personal Development Ebook:
By managing time effectively, you’ll experience less stress and a better sense of stability in your daily life. Thinking through the details of your day, from the places you work to the routines you implement, will provide a secure structure.
This enables you to let go of thinking about unnecessary details in order to focus on what is truly important to you.
The strategies mentioned in this ebook will help you make the most use of your time and be the most productive.
You will receive the file/s below (in one ZIP file) for your personal use:
+ Be the Master of Your Day - 6 Simple Strategies to Manage Your Time and Boost Your Productivity
- Include Main Ebook (71-page PDF), Worksheet (9-page PDF), Checklist (5-page PDF) Bonuses!
+ Master Your Emotions - 14 Tips To Help You Regain Control
- In 5-page PDF, Slide Deck (83-page PDF)
+ Top 10 Habits of Successful People Checklist (3-page PDF)
View more gifts at PersonalDevelopment.