How to Raise Your Self-Esteem Through Self-Talk
Your self-esteem level can be precarious. It can go up or down at any point depending on such inane things like whether you’re late to work, how your day is progressing, or what your boss just said to you. One minute you can be on top of the world and the next minute shot down to the depths of self-doubt.
It’s no wonder that your self-esteem must be nurtured, but sometimes it’s hard to figure out how to do it in a way that’s best for you. Self-talk is the answer! What you say to yourself can make the difference between success and failure.
Unfortunately, people tend to be their own worst critics. This just means that you’re more likely to be much harder on yourself for making a mistake than you would be for a family member or even a stranger. This doesn’t have to be the way you treat yourself.
When you talk to yourself, say something you want to hear! Encourage and congratulate yourself even for the little things. When your self-talk is positive, your self-esteem can soar and you can maintain a healthy self-esteem through anything life can throw at you.
Eliminate the Negative
The first thing you’ll want to do is analyze your current self-talk patterns. What are you saying to yourself?
Identify the instances where you’re negative. You might be telling yourself that you can’t accomplish something. You may be beating yourself up because you made a mistake. Or you may just be generally discouraging to yourself. Those negative patterns are wake up calls for you to start talking to yourself with tender loving care.
Like this wallpaper? Click on Inspirational or Motivational Wallpapers or Posters for more.
Click on Personal Development Custom Products with this wallpaper.
In order to raise your self-esteem, you must first erase your negative self-talk. Give yourself the benefit of the doubt, and start treating yourself with understanding. If you feel like you haven’t accomplished enough, shift your focus over to what you have accomplished.
At the end of the day, you’ll begin to feel proud of yourself instead of discouraged. It’s just one step closer to being happy and comfortable with who you are!
After you’ve identified where you’ve been negative in your life, you can concentrate on the positive aspects. You have opportunities all the time to treat yourself right, and you can take advantage of them with the help of positive self-talk.
Consider the following tips:
1. Congratulate yourself. When you’ve done a job well, take the time to congratulate yourself. It’s important to give yourself a pat on the back every now and then. Even if you haven’t accomplished anything huge, you’re certainly making progress. Reflect on how good it makes you feel.
2. Use affirmations. One way to bring positive energy into your life is to use positive affirmations. Affirmations are short positive statements that are written in the present tense. Say them to yourself often as a reminder of what a great person you are (because you are!).
• Affirmations have such a powerful ability to influence the mind that you should take advantage of them and practice with them every day.
3. Believe in yourself. Someone else can tell you that you’re good enough to accomplish anything, but it’ll never make a difference if you don’t believe it yourself. It’s the motivation and belief in yourself that will always pick you back up when you fall.
• Everyone deals with failure from time to time, but remember that it’s a learning experience too. Maybe you’ll learn something during a “failure” that gives you the knowledge to finally succeed. Consider it a gift in disguise!
When you take the time to be positive and patient with yourself every day, you’ll raise your self-esteem. Allow yourself to be human, focus on the positive, and you’ll go far.
Featured Personal Development Ebook
“Discover the exercises of nurturing your state of mind to
achieve interior freedom through solitude.”