How to Find and Pursue Happiness
How to Find and Pursue Happiness
Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness – it’s the American dream. Happiness comes in many forms for people. And what makes you happy is different for everyone. Finding your bliss is paramount to living a long and happy life, though. In your personal and professional life you want to find and pursue what will make you the most happy. And as life goes on, your outlook and what makes you happy may change. So it is a constant mission of seek and pursuit of what will make you happy.
Here are seven ways which you can find and pursue your happiness:
Seven Ways to Find Happiness
1. Set attainable goals for yourself. If you have a goal to be earning a certain amount of money or be at a certain position and married with children, you need to have a plan of how you’re going to get there. You don’t wake up the next day after saying these things and have them; you have to work at it. So make a plan and decide when you would like to reach the ultimate goal and set smaller goals to help you get there.
2. Make choices that make you happy, no one else. When you make purchases you have a certain idea in mind of what you want. Hopefully you don’t have to settle and you can get everything you’re looking for. Don’t settle in life either. If an opportunity arises that’s going to give you more money in your work, but it’s not going to get you to your ultimate goal any faster or at all, then don’t take it just because the reward is great now. In the end you’ll just be miserable with that choice.
3. Listen to your inner self, not what others around you say will make you happy. Slogans and ads are made to tell us that we need things that we don’t really need. So think critically about what you really want and don’t believe that everything you hear is right. Having the latest and greatest in gadgets is great, but do you need those things? Can you afford those things? Is it just going to lead you down a road of debt, causing you unhappiness? Look at things in long term. Is something only going to placate you now or will you receive benefits, happiness and pleasure from it for the rest of your life?
Browse more Custom Photo Plaques
4. Don’t obsess over how you look. Eat healthy and exercise, but obsessing over it causes stress which does not make anyone happy.
5. Spend time with your loved ones. Being around people that truly care about you and being with them often is going to bring happiness in leaps and bounds. Nurture these relationships so they will always be there for you and be your happy place.
6. Give back. Giving back is good for the soul. You might think, “I don’t want to see people who are downtrodden. I’m already in a low place and I need a pick-me-up.” Well, often times those people have a way of brightening your day because to them the simplest of gestures means the world and they can be so grateful – which will boost your self-esteem.
7. Let go. The past has a way of haunting you. If you let go of the past, then you have nowhere else to go but up. Dwelling in the past does nothing but bring you down. So look to your future and leave the past behind you.
Following these things will lead you to a road filled with happiness. Have you found your happiness yet?
Here is a related resource about “Setting Personal Goals“.
Personal Development Ebook:
Why spend the rest of your life letting another person or deed control your every waking moment? Isn’t it time to take back your life, leave the disappointment and bitterness behind and be in complete control? Forgiveness is part of the plan.
This 28-page ebook will provide the information you need. Also includes a 4-page Checklist. Instantly downloadable. For personal use only. More details…