Brain fog can be an annoying and upsetting issue. Brain fog can be described as not being able to think clearly or not being able to do simple tasks. It can also affect memory or the ability to work.
Brain fog can be a sign of a health issue, so it’s important to see your doctor and determine if medical issues are causing your brain fog.
If you can, try to find a doctor who focuses on natural and holistic health. Ask your doctor for natural ways to help deal with brain fog. They may recommend lifestyle, diet, and exercise changes that help you.
Consider these strategies, as they may bring you the relief you seek:
1. Focus on nutrition. Poor diet can adversely affect the way your brain functions.
- Eating a high-fat diet or a lot of refined sugars and carbohydrates can make brain fog worse.
- Take a close look at your diet. Try to eliminate sugar, unhealthy fats, alcohol, and caffeine. Focus on eating more produce and a variety of healthy foods.
- Eliminate artificial sweeteners because they can cause headaches and other issues.
2. Learn to manage stress. Think about how you react to stress, and you’ll notice that you may have difficulty thinking during highly stressful situations. Chronic stress has become an epidemic for many adults.
- Coping mechanisms such as meditation, deep breathing, and other techniques can help you reduce your stress. Find ways to manage it at home and at work, so it doesn’t affect your brain.
- Get help, reach out to friends, and practice self-care.
3. Get enough sleep. Sleep is also important to alleviate brain fog. When you don’t get enough sleep, you may feel like you’re walking through a fog during the day. You’ll have trouble concentrating and thinking. You’ll miss things and doze off.
Experts recommend seven to nine hours of sleep each night for adults. However, you may need more or slightly less depending on your body and history.
4. Find out more about food allergies and sensitivities. Some food allergies and sensitivities can also cause brain fog.
- For example, celiac disease is often associated with brain fog. If you have celiac disease, your body can’t digest gluten found in wheat, barley, or rye.
- You can also have brain fog with lactose intolerances.
- Talk to your doctor about any possible food intolerances and sensitivities. They may be affecting you in multiple ways.
5. Try supplements. Some supplements are highly recommended for brain fog. Adaptogen herbs like holy basil may help. Other supplements you may want to try include fish oil, omega-3s, and B vitamins. All of these have been shown through research to help brain function.
- Be sure to talk to your doctor before adding supplements to your diet. Some supplements can interfere with medications and have side effects. You don’t want to assume they’re all safe to take for your situation.
- While you’re reviewing supplements with your doctor, ask about your current medications.
- Some drugs, such as antidepressants or sleep medications, can also cause brain fog.
Brain fog doesn’t have to control your life. Talk to a doctor and try these remedies to see what works best for you.
d Personal Development Ebook:
Our busy, complicated lives sometimes bring a wave of negative emotions: sadness, jealousy, depression, grief, anger, confusion, anxiety, and stress. Unfortunately, it's all too easy sometimes to succumb to the naturally powerful nature of these emotions and allow ourselves to be troubled for hours, days, or weeks on end.
On the other end of the spectrum, happiness, gratefulness, joy, relief, comfort and contentment are also emotional pieces we feel at times as we go throughout our lives. True happiness and emotional freedom is what all mankind strives for!
Mindfulness and meditation in general can help you handle your emotions, achieve lower stress levels, feel happier, and enjoy peace and satisfaction with your life.
Psychologists, counselors, and therapists the world over have recognized the power that mindfulness can bring to our lives if we choose it.
In this guide, you will learn how to reap the benefits of practicing mindfulness.
You will receive the file/s below (in one ZIP file) for your personal use:
+ MAIN EBOOK:
Discover the Power of Mindfulness Meditation (45-page PDF)
Discover the Power of Mindfulness Meditation Workbook (5-page PDF)
The Mindful 20-30 Challenge Tracking Chart (8-page PDF)
8 Lessons You Can Learn from Family Arguments (4-page PDF)
The-Fidgeting-Otter-Fable (4-page PDF)
For more, click on Personal Development Blog Ebook of the Month.