Do You Know Yourself? Answer These 12 Questions
We largely operate on autopilot. We do the same things and think the same thoughts each day. When we have a few free moments, we occupy our minds with TV, the internet, or our smartphone. We avoid spending quality time with ourselves.
You probably don’t know yourself as well as you think!
Learn more about yourself through the power of questions:
1. How would I honestly describe myself? What would you say? Be completely honest with your positive and negative characteristics. How does the answer to this question make you feel? What changes could you make?
2. Anyone that knows me knows that I ……..? This question reveals a fundamental truth about you. What is your defining characteristic? What does the answer say about you?
3. What am I passionate about? What gets you excited? This is the thing that causes you to lose track of time. It’s the thing that can make you jump out of bed in the morning. Maybe you haven’t even thought about this before. When you know your passion, you can spend more time doing it.
4. If I had one year left to live, what would I do? It’s easy to live day-to-day in a rut. However, if you knew that you only had one year left, you would find the energy to change your life and your focus. What do you feel that you should be spending more time on?
5. If I could go back in time five years, what advice would I give myself? What was the most important thing you learned over the last five years? What were your biggest mistakes? What did you fail to appreciate? What opportunities did you squander? What can you learn from the last five years?
6. If I lived today over and over, what would my life look like in five years? This can be a very informative question. Take a look at your average day. What are you accomplishing each day and how will that impact your future? Most of us are working diligently, but accomplishing little in the long-term
7. If I could accomplish five things before I die, what would they be? This question will help you to determine your most important tasks and reveal your values. What do you want to be able to look back upon when you’re at the end of your life?
8. What would I do if I knew I couldn’t fail? What does your fear of failure prevent you from attempting? This question will let you know.
9. What would I do with $10 million? Would you stay at your job? Help others? What would you purchase? How would you spend your free time? Ten million dollars creates a lot of options. What would you do with those options?
10. Who am I? The big question. This is a challenging question to answer, but it’s important to ask and to give the answer some thought.
11. What is my purpose? Why do you exist? What is your purpose in life? It’s up to you to determine. Maybe you’ve never considered it.
12. In what ways am I failing to live authentically? Why? How are you not being true to yourself? How do you hold yourself back and why? What are you afraid of and what is that costing you?
Asking yourself questions is a great way to learn about yourself. It also forces you to be honest with yourself about who you are and where you’re going.
Many people lack the nerve to answer these questions honestly. Be courageous and learn about yourself! You might discover some answers that will turn your life around for the better.
Featured Personal Development Ebook:
Learning to overcome fear has numerous advantages and makes life more fulfilling. Imagine making a decision based on achieving what you desire rather than avoiding what you fear.
In this guide, learn how you can create new habits to bypass the fear response. Learn how new habits can also be developed to grow your courage.
You will receive the file/s below (in one ZIP file) for your personal use:
- Heal The Fear (35-page PDF)
- Heal The Fear (5-page PDF)
- Heal The Fear (3-page PDF)
- How To Leave Your Comfort Zone Behind (64-page PDF)
- Timmy the Timid Timber Fable (4-page PDF)
View more gifts at PersonalDevelopment.