A good life is the result of wise decisions. A life filled with negative consequences is the result of poor decisions. It might be impossible to make good decisions every time, but you can significantly raise your odds!
Do you have a decision-making process, or do you fly by the seat of your pants? Given that you’ve made a lot of good and bad decisions over the years, you can use those to your benefit and enhance your decision-making process.
Most people don’t have a defined process for making decisions. This is unfortunate. Consider how your life has been affected by your best and worst decisions. Learn how to make a great decision and your life will grow in wonderful ways.
Use these strategies to sharpen your decision-making skills:
1. Know your desired outcome. When you know what you want, the solution becomes clearer. What is the point of considering a given option? Is it to maximize your income? Enhance your health? Find a spouse? Hire the cheapest housekeeper you can find? Define what you’re attempting to accomplish.
2. Be rational while making a decision. Most decisions made under duress aren’t the best decisions. You’re don’t think as clearly when you’re stressed, tired, or uncomfortable in any way. When you’re not at your best, your choices will likely consider your immediate comfort more than they should.
3. Keep the long-term in mind. Consider how your decision will affect your life in weeks, months, or even years down the road. Decisions made with an emphasis on the short-term often ruin your life down the road.
4. Know how you’d handle the worst possible outcome. When you know that you can handle the worst, it’s easier to make up your mind and get on with your life. Think about everything that could go wrong and determine how you would handle it.
5. Take enough time to make a good decision, but not longer. Some decisions take longer than others but avoid allowing yourself to be paralyzed by a decision. Procrastinating won’t enable you to make a better choice. Ask yourself what you hope to gain by waiting. If there’s no benefit, make a decision and move forward.
6. Use your past experience. What can you use from your past to help you make a wise decision now? All of your previous good and bad decisions are resources you can call upon now.
7. Get assistance from an expert. If you don’t know enough to make a good decision, get the help you need. There are so many people in the world that one of them is certain to have the expertise you need to make a great decision.
8. Take action immediately. After making a decision, it’s important to do something about it. You’ve made many decisions in the past that you never acted upon. Make it a habit to take at least a small step that supports your decision.
9. Know your values. When you know your values, your available options shrink. This makes it easier to choose. What’s most important to you? How does the decision you need to make relate to those values?
Making better decisions is one of the best ways to enhance your life. A poor decision isn’t generally fatal, but it can be challenging to recover from.
A great life is the result of a steady stream of great decisions. Develop your own step-by-step process for making wise decisions. Leverage your past and a long-term perspective to choose more wisely in the future.
Featured Personal Development Ebook:
By managing time effectively, you’ll experience less stress and a better sense of stability in your daily life. Thinking through the details of your day, from the places you work to the routines you implement, will provide a secure structure.
This enables you to let go of thinking about unnecessary details in order to focus on what is truly important to you.
The strategies mentioned in this ebook will help you make the most use of your time and be the most productive.
You will receive the file/s below (in one ZIP file) for your personal use:
+ Be the Master of Your Day - 6 Simple Strategies to Manage Your Time and Boost Your Productivity
- Include Main Ebook (71-page PDF), Worksheet (9-page PDF), Checklist (5-page PDF) Bonuses!
+ Master Your Emotions - 14 Tips To Help You Regain Control
- In 5-page PDF, Slide Deck (83-page PDF)
+ Top 10 Habits of Successful People Checklist (3-page PDF)
View more gifts at PersonalDevelopment.