Do you keep making the same mistakes? If you do, you might find that you make little progress in your life. There is a huge opportunity to learn from your mistakes. Those that successfully learn from their mistakes wind up being highly successful. Those that repeat them struggle. Imagine how your life would be different if you never made the same mistake twice.
>> More about this image: Inspirational Posters
Learn from your mistakes and vow to never repeat them:
1. Successful People Avoid Making Excuses. Excuses are preparations for failure. An excuse is a justification to fail or quit. No one will resolve your challenges for you. Take responsibility and do the best you can.
2. Fail To Have An Objective. Life without goals is a random experience. Unfortunately, without a direction, your life will tend to get worse rather than better. Have a goal or expect to be disappointed.
- What are your goals right now? Do you have them written down? What do you think you’ll accomplish over the next six months if you don’t have any goals?
- Create 3-5 goals that you can accomplish over the next six months.
3. Fail To Have A Plan. If you have a goal, you must have a plan for achieving it. One isn’t much good without the other. Avoid hoping and wishing your goals will come true on their own. Take the bull by the horns.
4. Successful People Don’t Repeat Their Mistakes. Most of us make the same mistakes repeatedly. Whether it’s making a poor choice in a mate, overspending, or trying to gain new customers through ineffective means, people are creatures of habit. Make habits of your effective behaviors, rather than your ineffective behaviors.
5. Expect Others To Change. Is it easy to change your own attitudes, beliefs, or behaviors? And you want to change! Consider how hard it would be to change someone else. And they don’t want to change! You can’t change others.
6. Choosing Comfort Over Progress. Perhaps the largest mistake of those who struggle in life is the tendency to place short-term comfort over long-term advantages. This is a very ineffective way to deal with life. This is the friend that asks to sleep on your couch for a few days and is still there after three months.
7. Not Playing To Their Strengths. The most successful people take full advantage of their strengths at every opportunity. While it’s admirable to work on your weaknesses, most successful people choose to avoid them. You can’t be good at everything. Use your talents and strengths as much as possible.
8. Ignoring the little things. It’s the little things that will derail your efforts. It’s easy to ignore the seemingly mundane details, but those details can make all the difference in the end.
Make use of your mistakes. Learn from them and decide to avoid them in the future. Life is easy if you don’t repeat your errors.
What are the major mistakes you’ve made repeatedly? Why do you think you repeat them? Do you lack awareness of your mistakes?
Examine the challenges in your life and ask yourself why they occurred. What could you have done differently to avoid those challenges? It’s worthwhile to spend some time each week reviewing the past week. Determine your mistakes and ensure that you don’t repeat them. Watch how quickly your life changes!
We hope you enjoyed this personal development article, “8 Mistakes Successful People Don’t Make – or Don’t Repeat“.
Featured Personal Development Ebook:
There’s a ton of data floating about on how to be successful in any endeavor. I’m certain you’ve heard about the requirement for a clear vision, a conviction, a great understanding of human behavior and the precepts of influence.
If you’re similar to me, you’ve likely got a ton of material about being successful. It’s invaluable, and I wouldn’t trade my material for the entire world. However what occurs when we feel like we’re doing all that junk in the books and tapes, at any rate to the best of our ability, and we’re not truly getting where we wish to be? Is it conceivable that there's a missing link in our plan for success?
With the strategies contained in this guide, you will have no problems when it comes to learning the truth behind having gratitude!
You will receive the file/s below for your personal use:
- 32-page Main Ebook in PDF
- Bonus! 27page "The Power of Gratitude" Ebook in PDF
Click on "Gratitude Now" for more info.