14 Strategies You Can Use Today to Claim Your True Power
Personal power is about your character and accomplishments. It’s the result of who you are and what you do. When you learn how to unlock your personal power, you can achieve your goals and lead a more meaningful life. You’ll also find it easier to influence others and take on leadership roles.
In some ways, building up your inner power is like building up your outer body. It takes effort and practice.
Start with these exercises for cultivating inner strengths and taking positive actions.
Cultivating Inner Qualities:
1. Clarify your values. Understand who you are and what’s important to you. Once you figure out your priorities, you can devote your time and resources to the activities that you find most rewarding. You’ll also have solid criteria for making moral decisions.
2. Think positive. Look on the bright side. Preserve your energy and motivation for taking constructive action instead of becoming drained by daily irritations.
3. Build your self-esteem. Question your self-limiting beliefs. Have the courage to take worthwhile risks and give yourself credit for trying. Take satisfaction in your past achievements and let them encourage you to take on bigger projects.
4. Manage your emotions. Recognize your feelings without letting them distract you from making healthy choices. Deal with stress safely by talking sensitive situations over with your friends or taking a long walk.
5. Let go of baggage. Free yourself from grudges and resentments. Forgive yourself and others for any past disappointments.
6. Persevere through obstacles. Patiently accept reversals and delays as the price of success. Remember your purpose and renew your commitment when the going gets tough.
7. Be authentic. Stay true to yourself. Be prepared to align your actions with your values even when it’s uncomfortable. Evaluate your progress according to your own standards instead of comparing yourself to others. Authenticity gives you real strength.
Taking Constructive Action:
1. Meditate and pray. Faith and mindfulness can make you stronger and more resilient. Set aside time each day to give thanks and connect with your spiritual side. Practice your faith by seizing opportunities to be kind and generous.
2. Engage in self-care. Your physical condition affects your personal power. Keep your body in peak condition with a balanced diet rich in whole foods like fresh vegetables and fruits. Exercise regularly and stick to a consistent sleep schedule.
3. Continue learning. Adding to your knowledge and abilities also makes you more powerful. Sign up for educational seminars at work or study a foreign language at your local community college. Take courses online and read classic novels in your free time.
4. Communicate skillfully. You can make yourself more likeable and influential. Ask friends and colleagues you trust for honest feedback about areas where you need to grow. Brush up on your attentive listening or public speaking skills. Monitor your body language and proofread your emails.
5. Network vigorously. A robust network gives you more opportunities to leverage your strengths by collaborating with others. Help others by sharing your time, expertise, and other resources. Stay in touch with your old contacts, and attend events where you can widen your circle.
6. Aim for balance. It’s tempting to limit ourselves to the areas where we feel safe and appreciated. Ensure you’re giving adequate attention to both your professional and family life.
7. Maximize your productivity. Time and other resources are limited. Organizing your routines can help you to do more with less.
Mental and spiritual strength allows you to take charge of your life and your future. Claim your personal power so you can realize your potential and have a positive impact on the world around you.
Featured Personal Development Ebook:
There are specific habits you can follow that will allow you to lead with peace, strength, and courage. These habits are a great way to move one step forward on your journey as a leader.
Now let’s look at these daily habits in greater detail. This ebook covers the 7 daily habits that make outstanding leaders.
You will receive the file/s below (in one ZIP file) for your personal use:
- 7 Daily Habits of Outstanding Leaders (76-page PDF)
- 7 Daily Habits of Outstanding Leaders (7-page PDF)
- 7 Daily Habits of Outstanding Leaders (4-page PDF)
- 10 Ways to Build an Amazing Life (4-page PDF)
- 10 Ways to Build an Amazing Life (60 Slide Deck)
- 17 Ways to Lose Weight Faster (66 Slide Decks)
- Roxy the Resilient Rabbit Fable (4-page PDF)
View more gifts at PersonalDevelopment.