10 Smart Strategies to Strengthen Your Self-Esteem
Low self-esteem is a common challenge, regardless of your age, background, or socioeconomic status.
We all know that high self-esteem is a good thing, but how does one go about developing it?
There are a plethora of programs and books designed to raise your self-esteem, but it’s still a challenge. Try these top 10 tips to give your self-esteem the boost you seek.
Increase your self-esteem and feel great about yourself with these strategies:
1. Get support from your greatest fan. You probably have a friend or family member that always finds a way to lift you up when you’re feeling down. Pay them a visit and let them know you’re struggling.
2. Remember that self-esteem is a symptom of detrimental thinking habits. Anything that was said or happened in the past is over. You can only keep those things alive with your thoughts. Uplift your thinking and your self-esteem will begin to rise as well.
3. Learn how to take a compliment. Compliments are hard to take when your self-esteem is low. Ironically, that’s when you need them the most. Smile and thank the other person for the compliment. Resist the urge to dismiss compliments you receive.
4. You’re much more interesting than the person you pretend to be. We develop the urge to conform in elementary school. But you’re not like everyone else. You’re unique. You’ll make more friends and have more influence if you’re willing to be yourself.
5. You’ve already accomplished amazing things. Two of the most challenging things anyone has ever accomplished are learning to walk and learning to talk. Think about how long each takes to do well. They both require years of constant practice. Anything else you want to do with your life pales by comparison.
6. You can learn social skills. Many people with low self-esteem struggle with relationships or social situations. You’re not flawed; you’re just not aware of how to do it. Many children learn these skills while others do not. It’s never too late.
7. Other people aren’t thinking about you. It’s hard to believe, but people aren’t talking behind your back or thinking negative thoughts about you. Everyone else is wondering what you’re thinking and saying.
8. Be willing to say “No.” It’s natural to feel bad about yourself when you agree to do things you don’t want to do. It’s disrespectful to yourself. Give yourself the respect you deserve and refuse requests when you genuinely don’t want to do them.
9. Beware of social media. While social media can make it easy to stay in touch with others, understand that most of what you see is misleading. Few people are presenting their lives honestly. It’s a place to showcase the high points of your life. Everyone has challenges, but you’ll rarely see them on social media.
10. Develop your strengths. Are you a great dancer? Take a few dance classes. Are you a good writer? Take a writing course and develop your writing skills further. Run with your strengths and find ways to leverage them.
Imagine what your life would look like if you consistently enjoyed high self-esteem. Imagine how much more enjoyable life would be and how much more you could accomplish. The change in your life would be stunning.
Begin the journey of enhancing your opinion of yourself today. No one else will do it for you. You’ll be glad you did!
Featured Personal Development Ebook:
Learning to overcome fear has numerous advantages and makes life more fulfilling. Imagine making a decision based on achieving what you desire rather than avoiding what you fear.
In this guide, learn how you can create new habits to bypass the fear response. Learn how new habits can also be developed to grow your courage.
You will receive the file/s below (in one ZIP file) for your personal use:
- Heal The Fear (35-page PDF)
- Heal The Fear (5-page PDF)
- Heal The Fear (3-page PDF)
- How To Leave Your Comfort Zone Behind (64-page PDF)
- Timmy the Timid Timber Fable (4-page PDF)
View more gifts at PersonalDevelopment.